Hewson Books Ltd. are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This privacy and cookie use policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you give when using this website. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy and cookie use policy.
• A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or identify when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. The cookies we use on this website are 'tracking' (Google Analytics) cookies so that we can understand and analyse how people access and use the website. The tracking cookies do not collect personal data about you and they cannot identify you as an individual. Any data collected about your visit to this website is anonymous.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Links to other websites
What we collect
• When you place an order with us we will collect the following information from your visit to the site: name, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather
• We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and for internal record keep. We periodically send promotional emails to subscribers. Subscribers may unsubscribe at any time.
We may contact you by email, phone or mail only concerning your orders with us. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
• You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by contacting us. We will never sell, distribute or rent your personal information to any third party organisation unless we are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about ourselves and/or third parties which we think you may find interesting, unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly reply and correct any information found to be incorrect.
Updates to this policy
• This policy may be updated regularly as and when new cookies are implemented, or existing cookies removed. We will also update this policy based upon cookie best practices and both UK and EU legal requirements. You are encouraged to check back here in order to keep up-to-date with the latest version of this policy.